Friday, February 26, 2010

More Snow!

Well, its snowing again. This doesn't look as bad, but either way I'd have to go to work today...there's no snow days for registered nurses. Norrin likes to tell us what's covered in snow when he looks out the window. Its his usual ongoing commentary..."Cars covered in snow and trucks covered in snow and tree covered in snow...and park all wet and snowy". Then, when he mentions the park, he thinks he should either be going to the indoor park (Please Touch Museum) or the pool (YMCA). My lil boy certainly is not a homebody. He wants to be out and meeting people. Our last trip to the Please Touch Museum, I got all sentimental. A little girl asked Norrin, "What's your name?" and he said, "I Norrin...what's your name?" and it was just such a shock to listen to my little baby have a big boy interaction with another child. In fact, it seems like every day I'm reminded how much bigger Norrin is getting and its such a wild rollercoaster of emotions. At Target, when we were checking out, he wanted M&M's. I said, "No" and he threw a tantrum in the store. Then, he tried to run away from me in the parking lot, which resulted in me yelling at him. Halfway through the ride home he says, "I sorry, Mama" to which I replied, "why are you sorry, Norrin?" And he says, "I sorry I was bad in Target and I tried to run away". That just floored me. In addition to his conversations, which are just so much more intricate, he has started more imaginary play. His animals talk to each other, his dinosaurs attack each other and then make up, he's brought Bob and Shrek up to bed with Da, he's gone grocery shopping in our kitchen and made faux soup that I've had to taste about twenty times and Zebra has gotten a couple of baths in our bathroom sink. I don't know if I enjoy watching him play more because I'm at work full time, but its really amazing seeing him grow and change every day. Well, hopefully, there will be pictures this weekend. Time to test those snowy roads. Happy snow day!

No comments: