Sunday, September 12, 2010

NJ Sheep Breeders' Sheep and Fiber Festival

Yesterday, my loving husband humored his knitting-obsessed wife and took me to a sheep and fiber festival. Its a four barn setup and it was actually a lot of fun. They had sheep, goats, alpacas, llamas and angora rabbits. Norrin ran and climbed and enjoyed posing in front of the painted cutouts of sheep and pumpkins. I enjoyed the yarn :).









Photo by Norrin. Wish I could say I'm sticking it out, but I've been bloated and round for about a month now.


Caught by Todd loving the yarn.



Photo by Norrin- Da through the cutout.




Taa Daa!
Baaaa!



Ummm...other way, Nor Nor.


The end result-After a beautiful day spent outside, I left with a skein of blue for Norrin's winter hat, five skeins of that yummy yellow-orange and one giant skein of the pumpkin, as well as some roving and a hand spindle to possibly learn a new skill. Norrin decided he wanted to get out the swift and ball winder last night and he started making my skeins into "bird nests" as he calls them :). He's getting pretty good at winding Mommy's yarn.

No comments: