Monday, September 20, 2010

Shadybrook Farms Apple Festival

I don't know about everyone else, but after a truly, long, hot summer, I've been ready for signs of fall. For once, I didn't mind seeing Halloween decorations in the store...in August. I've started setting aside a few new soup recipes I want to try and Norrin has begun asking, "is it fall yet?". So, when I saw Shadybrook Farms was having an apple festival, I thought weather be damned, we're gonna pick some apples! It definitely was not fall weather and it wasn't exactly a festival (four random craft booths and a bouncy bounce), but it didn't stop Norrin from enjoying their super fun playground and picking some apples.



Of course, first, there was a nap.
Pumpkins!
Norrin's favorite part of the playground- the playhouse. He said it was Norrin's special house. Downstairs were all his toys and movies and upstairs is where he sleeps and when people come to visit he gives them milk and cookies.


Peek-a-boo, Da!


On the tractor ride to do some apple picking. Norrin wanted his bag open and ready and got mad at me every time I tried to crinkle it up.

He loved climbing the ladder for apples.


But Mommy had to carry him when he wasn't climbing ladders.

Picture of our family photographer taken by himself. Poor Da...if it wasn't for him none of our adventures would ever get documented properly.

Waiting for the tractor to pick us up.

Playing with Da in the "tickle plants".
What a fun day!

No comments: