Sunday, November 29, 2009

One More Post Before December

Sorry to drop off the face of the planet again, but its been a whirlwind of activity in this lil household. Since I last posted I started a new job in Nazareth Hospital's operating room. I am now back on the same schedule as everyone else. I work until 5:30pm four days a week and have one day a week plus weekends off. I cannot begin to tell you the difference this schedule has made. Nazareth is a small community hospital, so the stress level is way lower than a Level 1 trauma center, but with the Rothman Institute docs operating, its just amazing to see what they can do in half the time that I've seen other docs take :). As far as my home life, we're no longer eating dinner at 9pm and Norrin is on a more normal bedtime (most nights). It helps that Todd is now home full time with Norrin. I feel safe to work ten hour days knowing Norrin's with his personal idol :) and Todd takes such good care of our son and our house. I used to let the place fall apart around us until I couldn't take it anymore. Todd, on the other hand, makes it all look so effortless. Once again I'm reminded of how amazing my husband truly is. Every weekend we get to spend time together as a family. We've gone to the playground (many, many times), an apple festival, had a nice breakfast at West Ave Grille, taken walks in the leaves, fed the ducks, knitted on park benches (well, I have anyway), thrown rocks in a stream and had a wonderful dinner with friends followed a few days later by a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with family. And now, after so much activity, Norrin and I are fighting the monster of all colds. I got it first- two days of feeling miserable followed by over two weeks of the worst cough. Norrin is now in the thick of it. All day Friday, we vegged out on the couch. Norrin took two very long naps and still went to bed no later than 10pm. He didn't really eat anything all day, but he nursed constantly. I, of course, got worried when he wasn't eating, but Todd reassured me that he was okay. Thanks to mama's milk, he wasn't suffering from dehydration and he certainly wasn't going to starve to death. I find it funny that Todd can put that into perspective for me...just another example of his awesomeness :). Yesterday, Norrin was himself with the exception of the horrible cough. I decided to live on the edge and give him a cough drop. Apparently, its not a choking hazard for our son...he sucked on it for about four seconds then swallowed that puppy whole...experiment over. We also started our Christmas decorating a little early. I normally start on my birthday, but since we were stuck in the house with a sick child and since I'm working on my birthday, we got a head start. Norrin loved the decorations and has really only broken far. He has his own little tree in his playroom in the basement and we put the big tree in the front window of our living room. I hung the stockings and he knows which one is which- Da's has a Christmas tree on it, Ma's is the one with the reindeer, Norrin's has a snowman...its pretty cute. So, that's about it for now. Tonight we're having dinner at Rita and Joseph's then we'll probably check out Holyoke. Norrin LOVES the lights and that street usually does it up pretty gosh darn nice. Other than that, there's a whole lot of knitting going on in the hopes that I'll be able to give out a little bit of handmade goodness to my loved ones. And as backup, Todd and I got our list together and will hopefully tackle the shopping a little bit earlier than Christmas Eve :). Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was fabulous and sorry for yet another absence.

No comments: