Monday, December 20, 2010

Where Did The Time Go?

Well, we've been MIA for quite some time, but I swear we've been awfully busy around here.

There's been decorating for Christmas...


The watching of many Christmas specials...Norrin seems to like The Grinch Who Stole Christmas the most. When I asked him what his favorite part is, he says when the Grinch steals all their stuff...hmmm...


Lots of belly snuggles...(23 weeks and all belly. I don't really know how I manage to keep myself from falling forward).



There was snow...




But only a dusting...




And a haircut for our lil man...





There was the collecting of firewood...


For a really big bonfire...
At a party...



With lots of friends (Nor liked the redheads the best...just like his Da).


Of course, there's been baking...








And a whole lotta knitting...

Yes, we've been awfully busy. Norrin goes to school 5 days a week and he loves it. Da is working extra hard at his new job and even though I'm part time now, I'm still at work 4 days a week. The midwife scheduled the rest of my appointments and despite how large my tummy has become, I can't seem to believe how soon this baby will bless our family. I have a refresher childbirth class to take, an ultrasound to schedule, more blood tests (yuck) and a house that I'm constantly tweaking in the hopes that it will miraculously organize itself to suit a rambunctious 3 year old and a newborn babe. Norrin's schedule is quite busy, too. He has a caroling performance at school on Wednesday, as well as a party. Since he's just like his mama, he didn't want to buy cards for his classmates, he wanted to make them. We also need to decorate a shoe box for him to collect cards from his classmates and thank goodness the only thing I need to send in for the party is string cheese. Of course, I got it in my head last week that I don't have a Christmas outfit for his performance and wouldn't it be nice if I could knit him a little sweater vest. Yeah...not really sure what I'm thinking most of the time. However, his red vest is almost done and it looks big enough to fit my growing boy. The gifts are bought and most of them are wrapped and now all that's left is the planning of the Christmas Eve dinner and the baking and decorating of cookies for Santa. Every day Norrin asks if its Christmas yet and he stomps his feet and says "Humph" every time the answer is no. He told me one day last week that if we baked some cookies then went upstairs and took a really, really long nap that Santa would come. Trust me, kid...if all it took was a really long nap, I'd be all for it :). So, that's where we are. Hope everyone is making great progress on all their holiday plans, staying warm and enjoying every moment...even the crazy, chaotic ones.

No comments: