Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Monday Madness

Yesterday, in order to get dinner made, I pulled out an old trick that I used when Norrin was a baby- water play. A couple of trays, some water, some small bowls and some spoons and all the kiddos need to add is their imagination. The reason I like this is because its an easy cleanup. Yes, water gets on the floor, but a couple of beach towels later, the floor is cleaner than its been in weeks. Now, here's the small problem I didn't anticipate. Please keep in mind that I'm new at this mama of two business. Ani would crawl over to Norrin's side and touch his bowl of water. Oh, no! Such a rookie mistake. Of course, he didn't see my logic when I asked him why it was okay for him to touch her water, but not vice versa :). Luckily, dinner was spaghetti and faux meatballs, so it kept them busy for the 20 minutes I needed. A three or more course meal would not have worked this time. For the most part, they were happy to splash and spill and eat the bubbles (yes, they both ate some bubbles).







And they still saved room for spaghetti :).

No comments: