Monday, April 30, 2012

Phillies Game

On Friday night, we went to the Phillies game.  We were there to support Autism Awareness and Jack as he threw out the first pitch.  We all had shirts that said "Jack's Pitch" on them, we tailgated before the game and despite the cold weather, a squiggly baby and the clock quickly inching its way past bedtime, we made it past the fourth inning. 

Ani Rose and her mama tailgating.  I wish I had a picture of how much of my hoagie this little girl ripped into.  She can seriously pack it away.

Norrin found a game to play while the rest of us ate.

And in true Norrin fashion, made friends and fit right in, as if he does this every day of his life :).

Norrin and his Da ready to go watch a Phillies game.

I was pretty sure Norrin was going to hang himself on the turnstile.  It was not his most graceful moment.

But once we were in and found our seats, Norrin began goofing off with his cousins.  All the friends and family were seated in the same area, so Norrin was pretty entertained for a good portion of the time.

Aunt Peggy tried very hard to keep Ani Rose entertained.

It took a lot of energy to try and change her focus.

And after a few more attempts at distraction, Ani Rose ended up right where she wanted to her mama's arms.

Grandmom Meatball and Pop Pop Jodeph desperately trying to keep warm.  It was really windy and the setting sun was not helping any of us keep warm.

Ani Rose was also pretty happy in her Da's arms.

There was a really nice video on the big screens.  There's Jack and Conor :).

And there they are with the Philly Phanatic after Jack's pitch. 

Norrin got a pretzel that Ani Rose was pretty sure she wanted a piece of.

In fact, she insisted on a piece of it.

Luckily, her brother has learned to share...most of the time.

Clapping is her favorite skill right now. So, when the crowd clapped, she joined in.

I love, love, love this picture.  It makes me laugh every time.  She seriously looks like, "Uh, who's this homeless guy holding me?".  It got so cold, we all started looking a little less familiar to her :).

And as a last ditch effort to get her to hold still, we let her play with the ice in a cup.  She could have done this for an hour, but we were all cringing because it was not the kind of weather to be playing with ice cubes.  It actually hurt our hands watching her do this.  Seriously.

It was about nine o'clock when we finally started heading home.  It was perfect.  Just enough time for the kids to get the experience, we had no traffic to fight with and we were all in bed at only a slightly unreasonable hour :).

No comments: