Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Ultimate Mommy Sin

Well, this morning I gave into my needs and committed the ultimate mommy sin. While we were on vacation, I always woke up a good half an hour before Norrin. I had plenty of time to pump some breastmilk, make coffee and if he was really sleepy, drink an entire cup of coffee before he woke up and was ready to finish off what the pump couldn't :). Since we got home, I wake up with him. Unless I set the alarm, I'm incapable of getting up earlier, so we start the morning together...which means I have a baby attached to my legs while I make coffee and pulling on the tubing of the breastpump if God forbid he should see me storing away some surplus milk. Here enters the mommy sin...I turned on the TV and sat him down in front of it while I completed my morning routine. I was efficient and only used it to finish pumping, but there was a huge dose of guilt attached. There's got to be a better way.

1 comment:

Amy Mae said...

If it helps any, it wasn't even 8am this morning before I turned Elmo on and bribed Henry to watch it with an Oreo cookie! I think it's going to be one of those days!