Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over

I currently have five...yes, five...knitting projects on needles. And for the record, I'm not complaining. In fact, I love it. Each project is relatively easy, but different, so they're all maintaining my interest. I have a felted bowl (the cream colored yarn), a crazy pink and green afghan, a blue cotton tank top, a brown hat for a friend's toddler and some charcoal gray cotton for Rita's sweater (which Norrin tried to paint yellow this afternoon...thank goodness it comes wrapped in plastic). I also have the multi-colored yarn from a previous post and an adorable pattern for a cardigan for Norrin waiting patiently for its turn (that yarn is wool, so I'm not feeling too much pressure to get that one going...yet). Knitting has become such great meditation and its so wonderful when a project works out. As a new knitter, I have to follow the recipe...I don't like to alter things too much...but even things as simple as changing the yarn or the gauge of the needle has made for some truly beautiful creations. Okay...enough...I know you all check in for news about Norrin.





No comments: