Wednesday, January 25, 2012

If You Think Knitting Is Boring...

Then you should probably just skip over this post all together. I've been wielding my knitting needles as fiercely as anyone can to produce lots of warm goodness for my family and now I'd like to document just a little bit of it.

This is a simple slouchy hat I made out of some gorgeous yarn I got while visiting my family in upstate NY. The colors were so beautiful that I didn't want to distract from them with a complicated pattern. Todd says it looks like a baker's hat. I do love to bake, so I'm going to try to ignore that remark and just love that its a lightweight wool that keeps my ears warm.
This is the start of a dragon scarf for Norrin. On Monday, it was Chinese New Year. As I was driving my darling little angel to school, he told me he was upset with me because I didn't knit him a sweater for the Chinese New Year and that Amanda's mommy probably knit her a sweater (never mind that Amanda is actually Chinese...and that her mama doesn't knit). So, I rose to the challenge, took the bait, allowed my 4 year old to guilt me into making him something for the Chinese New Year. For the record, I don't do colorwork very much...at all...and it took me a full day of just knitting with very few breaks to eat and use the bathroom to knit this dragon. And my darling little angel, Norrin came up to me this morning, looked at his future scarf and told me he wanted another dragon on the other end. Uh, huh.



And this very last piece is a sweater for Ani. Its a simple sleeveless sweater that will just be a quick extra layer. I also have hopes of making a simple pair of legwarmers since I can't seem to find anything fleecy and the stupid cotton leggings are not keeping her chunky legs warm. We'll see. I'm not sure how much time I'll have before its spring and the legwarmers will be obsolete.



No comments: