Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Since My Last Post We've Been...

Exploring every nook and cranny of our house.
Climbing, climbing and more climbing.


Knitting as much as my children will allow.


Taking bubble baths.


Finding a stinky old cat to play with.


Getting in the way of any possibility of Mommy loading the dishwasher. Discovering creative new ways to get out of the dishwasher.



Finishing one mitten with the hopes of finishing a second sometime this week :).



Yes, we've been busy little bees around here. Ani is our great explorer and seems most happy when we get out of her way and let her do her thing. Unfortunately, that means a lot of emptying bookshelves, laundry baskets, sock drawers and toy bins. She's a one woman wrecking crew and it has been exhausting. She has three people (me, Todd and Norrin) all picking up after her and still she's able to make more messes in less time than any child I've ever met. As for Norrin, one minute he loves his sister and the next minute I'm pretty sure he's trying to kill her. He's at an age where order and rules are a matter of life and death...or you'd think so with the complete meltdown that occurs when things deviate from the plan. So, needless to say, his little sister is not meshing well with what he expects to happen. Luckily, he has school and he's happy to be there. His name is on a chair, he has scheduled activities and there are rules that are not negotiable...he's totally in his element :). As for me, I've been knitting as much as humanly possible. I'm slowly working through my stash yarn first and have successfully avoided buying any new yarn since my NY trip. I feel tremendous pressure to get a few more things made for the kiddos for some reason. Probably because Ani is growing at breakneck speed and I want her in as many hand knits as possible before she grows up and gets an opinion :). As for Todd, he's our quiet photographer. I appreciate his documentation of our life...although he was suppose to be watching the kids in the bathtub, not taking sneaky pictures of me knitting on the floor (surprisingly good photo since I'm not sure how much sleep I'd had the night before) and without him, this blog would be a lot less pretty. I'm endlessly impressed with the angles that he gets and how he can turn the most basic activity into a work of art.

No comments: