Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dorney Park

A couple of weeks ago, we went to Dorney Park. Todd's bank paid the admission price and provided free lunch and all we had to do was drive there. I only had two complaints- the games were not free, they were expensive. And they placed them all over so they were pretty much unavoidable. And my other complaint was the ungodly heat. We drank a ton of water and had water ice and went to the waterpark section (total madhouse), but it was pretty constant and we all felt like we'd been through a war after that. The kids really liked the rides and we went to Dinosaurs Alive, so all in all it was a very successful adventure.
Norrin and Snoopy


Norrin trying to talk Ani into taking a picture with Snoopy.  She's not convinced.

Waiting in line for the one ride she's about to be turned away from.  I was not happy about this.  It was the longest wait out of all the rides we'd been on.


Norrin on the ride Ani couldn't go on.  It just moves around a circular track and its really high up.

Ani and I found a different ride to go on.

Norrin working it for the camera, as usual.


The wait for this ride was less than five minutes, but you wouldn't know it looking at Ani Rose's face.


Ani wasn't so sure about this ride (look at that face) and I definitely didn't want to be on this ride.  It goes up high and you can use the wheel in the middle to spin it around.  I get dizzy so easily these days.  I can't believe I didn't throw up.  The kids worked together to spin this ride as fast as possible and they giggled and laughed and had a great time freaking me out. 


There were ducks.

Ani Rose loved feeding them.

And last, but not least, there were dinosaurs.

You could push buttons to control certain parts of them- move their tail, make them roar, move their head.

Ani and I pretended to be scared and screamed really loud.

I don't think it was a lot of acting on her part.  These things were really realistic.

You could dig up fossils.

Ani took her shoes off like she was at the beach.

It was a really lovely day.

No comments: