Friday, November 14, 2008

Our Rainy Thursday

Todd took off the whole day from work yesterday and it was so nice. Now that I'm on these weekend shifts, I'm starving for time together as a family. It rained pretty much all day yesterday, but I was just soaking up the joy of spending the day with my boys. We went to breakfast at West Ave Grille in Jenkintown. Norrin is incapable of sitting still in a high chair so I let him wander around the restaurant while Todd waited at the table for our food. Once the food arrived, Norrin enjoyed mixing his pancake with my omelet and fruit. Its not enough for him to taste this bazaar combo...he needs to share the flavor blend with me. Yesterday he removed all my toast from my plate and stacked it on top of his pancakes. He is the only person who has not been threatened with death for touching my toast (I'm very possessive of my carbohydrates) and that's only because he doesn't understand the threat...just wait til he's older :). After West Ave Grille, we went to the new Barnes and Noble at Neshaminy Mall. I love, love, love bookstores. I can always drop at least $40 in a bookstore and yesterday was no exception. Todd watched Norrin run around the kids section. Norrin went from shelf to shelf pulling off stuffed animals and books. Once again a total stranger commented on how smart our child is. I have to admit, I've never seen a one year old so in love with books. He flips pages, "reads" aloud and has gotten into pointing to the pictures (just like Mommy and Daddy do). It really is amazing to see how much he enjoys books. After Barnes and Noble, I received a phone call from Amy about Henry...he has the chicken pox. Norrin was sharing a sippy cup with him (by sharing, I mean Norrin stole it when Henry wasn't looking) and they both had their grubby lil hands all over the snacks...so, now we're just waiting and watching. I wanted Norrin to get the chicken pox naturally...I'm just not so sure I wanted him to get them at one year old. I guess I should stock up on the Aveeno oatmeal baths :). So, that's about it. Today is the start of three 12 hour shifts in a row...for the next three weekends :(.

No comments: