Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Per the Grandmothers' Request

Today I was verbally attacked (that might be a bit of an exaggeration) by both my mother and my mother-in-law for not updating my blog since November 3rd. I guess they're a little attached to the constant Norrin updates. So, here's the latest tricks...

Norrin likes to dump things in the tub...it started with his blocks, but he recently started throwing some clothes in there as well...I say,better the tub than the toilet.

We are now working on his ability to climb down the stairs. When we are any place without a gate, Norrin aims for the stairs and I would like it if I didn't have to worry about him as much. So, now that he's an expert at getting up, we need to work on the down.

Norrin is learning every day how to express himself with words as well as with gestures. At Moms Group, he makes it very clear when he wants a certain toy...now if only we could figure out a way for all the kids to have that same toy :).

He has traded in walking for running. This has led to lots of tripping and lots of bumps. He is also still climbing anything and everything that holds still and he took a hell of a fall when he tried to use his wagon as a step stool.

The best trick though is his dancing. He loves to shake his baby booty. He has a toy that plays music and he dances around with it all the time. On Monday night we were watching Dancing with the Stars and Norrin danced to the music and clapped when the audience clapped. It was really freakin' adorable.

And that is just a snippet of the amazing adventures of my one year old. Between taking him to upstate NY to visit my family and then Todd and I having a date night the day after we got back, Norrin hasn't been too keen on letting us out of his sight. He cried outside the bathroom door until Todd let him in the other day. So, needless to say, he wasn't really into letting me blog...and truthfully, I'd rather play with Norrin than blog (sorry, grandmoms). But right now Todd is bathing our lil boy and I'm ignoring the dishes and the laundry and its nice to take this time to talk about all the joys of motherhood. I'm so grateful that I get to be an observer of my son's life. He amazes me and teaches me and makes me take the time to enjoy silly little things, like dancing with total abandon (with the Stars).

No comments: