Wednesday, December 3, 2008

NY or Bust

So, tomorrow we're heading back to NY to visit my family. Good ol' Schenectady, where the temperature is between 20 and 30 degrees and snow showers are expected for two out of the four days we'll be there :). The good news is this will not be a trip I make by myself...my loving husband will be making the trip and therefore taking some of the burden off of me. We will be driving during daylight hours...heavier traffic, but necessary to avoid the panic Norrin went through when he woke up in the dark on our last trip. Also, by taking a day trip, we can stop and let our little guy run wild when he needs a break from his carseat. Or at least, that's how I'm hoping it will go. Yesterday was a laundry day...so we have lots of clean clothes...none of which are packed yet :). Norrin has become even more of a crazy climber. His favorite activity has been to climb the dining room chairs. Sometimes I catch him halfway up the chair and other times I don't see what he's up to until he's standing in the middle of the table. Like any smart child, he waits until I'm in the bathroom or washing the dishes. And I know its coming because the whole house gets silent. I don't know what he's going to do at my mom's. She has the tall barstool chairs. I expect him to attempt some climbs, but those will be his Mount Everest and I will have to watch him like a hawk. Other than the chair climbing, he managed to plant his face into the floor...this happens quite frequently and I'm a little worried about his inability to get his hands up. Yesterday's face planting actually resulted in a squished nose and a little bit of blood. But his nose appears to be straight and he can still breathe...we were unable to help decrease the swelling since Norrin has no interest in an ice pack on his face. When he wakes up, I'll have to get a good look at his nose to see the extent of the bruising. I don't really want him to look like he got punched in the face right before we go to hang out with all my family. So, that's about it. Today I have to get the oil changed in my car, we're going to Grandmom and Grandpop Milligan's and there's still packing to get done. I'm not feeling as stressed because I have the extra set of hands tomorrow. Oh, and tomorrow is my birthday...so, I can always play that card, right :)?

1 comment:

Amy Mae said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have an uneventful drive to NY, and Norrin doesn't climb too much! I know all about that silence which is never a good thing...