Friday, December 19, 2008

Time To Get Back To Work

So, just three days of 12 hour shifts and I'm off for 10 days in a row. I can't say I'm feeling totally great about spending the next three days in work, but that's mostly because my week was so go, go, go. Every day at home was spent with a loud construction zone beneath our feet...but it looks great :). We have drywall up and I think I counted at least three new outlets. They also spackled, so I guess sanding will be next (hopefully my whole house won't be coated in a fine dust). Its really been coming along. Other than that, on Wednesday I tried to get Norrin's haircut, saw about six little kids close to his age at Wiggle Worms and decided we weren't going to make it through that waiting list. So, I decided to go to Target, but once I got Norrin in the stroller with a pretzel in hand and the diaper bag and his books and his sippy cup arranged just so, I realized I didn't have my wallet with me. I had him so comfortable that we just took a walk around Target, then we went home and I finished my Christmas shopping for Todd online...hope it all gets here on time. Yesterday I had a photographer come to the house for photos of Norrin and I. As Norrin is getting bigger and more independent, I'm realizing that things are changing, which is good, but I needed to capture these moments on film. So, I specifically asked her to take a few breastfeeding shots and then the rest were just fun candids. Desiree was so good with Norrin, he warmed up to her instantly. At one point, he ran up to me and hugged me, but turned in the direction of the camera, then he ran to her and gave her a hug, then he ran back to me...he did this four or five times hamming it up for the camera every time he got back to me. He liked Desiree so much that he even climbed into her lap with a book...it was very cute. We were able to get lots of shots of Norrin and I, as well as Rolo and Scout (because a hairless cat is like a car accident, you just can't look away :)) and she said the pictures should be available to look at online some time next week. I'm really happy that I arranged to do this...I wish I'd done more photos of my pregnancy and I'm so thrilled that she was able to get shots of Norrin nursing because that has been such a wonderful experience for me as a mom. And Norrin loved that he had a new face to show off in front of him. By the end of our session, she was ready to take him home with her. So, that's about it. I've been so good about posting new photos and little stories and now that will be coming to a screeching halt...keep your fingers crossed that my weekend will be uneventful. At least I have our bed delivery to look forward to on Saturday...if they bring the correct frame this time :).

No comments: