Monday, December 8, 2008

Our NY Trip

The trip was a success! Todd and I tag teamed the lil man all the way there and it was actually a relatively stress-free adventure. Of course, by the time we got to the farm, neither of us felt like going out to dinner (even though it was my bday). So, the first night we spent in front of the woodstove, eating delicious vegetarian stew and homemade Anadama bread, drinking peppermint tea, and for dessert- chocolate cherry cake (my favorite)! It was a snuggly and relaxing thing to do after driving five hours in very chilly weather. Norrin spent time with lots of family. We spent all day Friday with my dad and grandmother. On Saturday, we spent the day at the farm making wreaths. Chris (Wayne's daughter) brought her lil girl for a visit and she managed to scare the living daylights out of our lil boy. Norrin was talking up a storm, so Colleen got it in her head that she would talk too...very loudly...some might call it yelling. Well, Norrin just burst into tears and came running for Mommy. Colleen managed to do this a few more times. It was pretty funny because when she yelled, Norrin cried...and when she didn't yell, Norrin looked like he was going to cry :). I guess I'd feel bad for him, but Colleen owed him one for the numerous times he tackled her...not to mention the...um...love pats to the face :). Norrin napped better this time around, although he stayed up pretty late. He was very clingy and I chalked it up to teething. After careful inspection of his mouth, I realized he is getting six...yes, six!...teeth at once (two upper molars and all four incisors). So, when he wasn't whining about his teeth and clinging to his mommy, he played with the cats and the dogs, tried to shove his chubby lil bottom into a mini wagon, worked almost tirelessly at getting through the gates Mom and Wayne set up and rearranged Mom's toy and book shelf over and over :). He played tag with my mom (at 10:30 pm...the boy knows how to avoid sleep), he showed off his dancing skills to anyone who would watch and he pretended to be asleep, complete with fake snores on my dad's living room floor. Nobody told me just how entertaining my child was going to be and with the endless parade of people, there was no end to his one man show. On our last day, there was snow...and it was beautiful. I love snow! That morning, Norrin slept in, so I had time to make a cup of coffee, snuggle under a blanket on the couch and watch the snow fall. It was such a peaceful way to start my day. When Norrin got up, we bundled him up and took him outside. He didn't understand it, but he enjoyed it...especially being pulled in the sled. It was a quick romp outside before we had to pack up and head back to Philly, but it was a really nice ending to our trip. Now we're back home and back into our routine...kinda. Things are going to get hectic b/c I realized that Christmas is only a few weeks away and I have no idea when I'm going to get some shopping done. I work the next two weekends and then its Christmas...hmmm...I wonder if I can take care of everyone at the hospital gift shop? Well, it will get done...one way or another :). And now to post some pics of our adventures :).

No comments: