Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What Are We Thinking?

So, we are currently setting ourselves up for renovation hell...right before the holidays. What was going to start off as just a two day installation of a wall where our garage door was is now becoming a creation of two separate rooms with two separate doors. Todd and I have had quite a few conversations about our garage. For the five years that we've lived here, the door has not functioned, so it was never truly used as a garage. However, with a lil boy in the house, I was hoping to keep it as a garage and fix the door so future trikes and bikes could make their way in and out of our house with some sort of ease. Well, Todd wanted to create a wall and he won out on that discussion. Since the wall went up yesterday, I have to admit it looks pretty nice. They put a big window in and it lets in lots of light. And now that the wall looks so nice and we already started to make the decision to create a room, we signed on for a completion of the room...which means insulation, drywall and flooring. However, I have insisted that we keep some kind of storage in this house, so Todd and Avery (our contractor) decided we would wall up the new room and separate it from the "storage" room...which means they need to create another door for access to that room. Do you see how this keeps getting bigger and bigger? Now, I don't want to seem ungrateful. I would love the basement to become a level that our child can play on...especially when I'm trying desperately to get the laundry done...and I know its going to look beautiful. I think I'm just a little shocked we agreed to all of this right before Christmas. I mean, that is one money-sucking holiday and we just bought a brand new bed for a small fortune, so I'm trying not to hyperventilate here. I think once the intial shock is gone and I see the end result, I'll feel better...but seriously, what are we thinking? I guess it just wouldn't be us if we didn't put almost too much on our plates to handle :). Okay...focus, Jaime...Norrin will have a whole new space to play in :)...and you're still keeping your storage. I need a yoga class.

1 comment:

Amy Mae said...

Have fun with that! Our house was always being renovated growing up and the thought of it makes me want to hyperventilate, too! I'll miss you today (and Saturday), but have a great holiday!!!