Tuesday, September 9, 2008

If You're Happy And You Know It

So, this morning I was awakened by a clapping baby. This is not a skill my child has ever displayed before so I was very happy to see yet another amazing motor skill. I asked Todd if he'd clapped at all the whole weekend I was working and he said "no", so it made me feel even more special that he had saved his new talent for a day when I'd be home to see it for the first time :). Other than that, Norrin has figured out how to climb the dining room chairs (that little crossbar underneath is awfully handy for a little boost). He has also continued to show great skill at climbing every piece of furniture in the living room, as well as using a little wagon to give himself a boost onto the guest bed. At this very moment, he is spreading all of his books over the entire living room floor...the cleaners just left and I guess the house was just too clean for him...and making the most adorable trilling noise. As much as I hate working three 12's, it has certainly made me an even more enthusiastic parent (if that was possible). Today we're just going to hang out and see what kind of trouble we can get into around the house. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

No comments: