Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Perfect Day

So, Norrin slept in until 9 am, which was really surprising since he usually wakes up at 7 am. Since we were both so well rested, I put him in the car and we drove to Jenkintown. We had breakfast together at West Ave Grille- pancakes for Norrin, omelet for Mommy and we shared my fruit. Afterwards, we went into a little park behind West Ave Grille and we practiced walking around the gazebo. We also spent a good amount of time exploring the grass. Norrin would pick out little yellow leaves and put them in my hand, then take them out, then put them back (its amazing what he finds entertaining). He decided he was still hungry, so I fed him some applesauce. Since he wasn't strapped down in a highchair there was no way to prevent him from exploring the applesauce with his hand...oh,well, that's why God invented washcloths. He loved squishing the applesauce in between his fingers and I got a serious glimpse into my future when Norrin is of mud puddle age :). I read two books while we sat in the grass...Mr Brown Can Moo, Can You? and Are You My Mother? I'm still amazed that my son sits so nicely in my lap when I read to him. Of course, two books seem to be his limit. After that, we got in the car and drove home. Norrin fell asleep and rather than disturb him, I sat in the car and worked on a knitting project. Its such a beautiful day that even sitting in the car with the windows open was wonderful. Now I have no idea how to make the rest of his day as fabulous as the first five hours. I'm just so happy that I have this kind of time to spend with him. I love watching my little scientist explore his world.

No comments: