Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Starting Over

Its back to being the full-time Mommy and its always so strange. Because of the 12 hour shifts, I feel like I miss out on so much and Todd and I have such a limited amount of time to fill each other in. I feel like I have to reintroduce myself to my own son! We're in a bit of a teething hell right now. We've been waiting and waiting for his two front teeth to come in. If you look really closely at some of his pics, you'll see that he got his second top teeth and four on the bottom, but those front top teeth were nowhere to be found. Now, they have started to surface and they look very, very angry. His gums are red and he's chewing on everything (and everyone) and he had the worst, most restless sleep last night. At one point, Todd had to get out of bed and just rock with him in his arms until he fell back to sleep. Poor little guy. Of course, when I hear other moms' stories, I realize pretty darn quick that we have it pretty easy. Norrin hardly ever cries and even while teething we've only been dealing with the minimal amount of fussing. Don't think I'm not counting my blessings on that one :). Other than that, today is the day I try to reorganize some of the chaos that working a weekend brings- lots of bottles to wash, dishes to do, a highchair to hose down :). Todd does a great job keeping the chaos fairly contained...especially now that Norrin thinks everything needs to be pulled off every surface and placed on the floor. So, that will be today's plan. I will try to post some pics of our little guy because, let's face it...you can never have too many pictures of Norrin :)!

No comments: