Friday, October 10, 2008

Disaster Dinner

Well, things went as well as expected. Norrin cried for most of the half an hour car ride to Willow Grove, then I took him out of the car and he instantly stopped crying (tricky lil bugger). I let him play at the playground before we met Megan for an early dinner. Unfortunately, that meant no nap was accomplished...and I knew it was going to be a difficult meal. He stayed in the high chair for about five minutes (maybe less), then he was struggling to escape. I let him sit in my lap and he decorated me with food. Everything on the table needed to be touched...or tasted...or squished. My poor friend, Megan watched with a completely horrified look on her face. Norrin was the poster child for birth control. I have a theory about Norrin and restaurants...he seems to behave better when there are other children around. Sit him next to the loudest, craziest group of kids and he's a perfect angel...unfortunately, Cheesecake Factory didn't have much for loud, crazy kids, so he must have felt the need to be that kid :). Oh, well. The upside is he fell asleep seconds after I got him into the car. I really prefer meeting friends at my home these days. Norrin has five billion toys to play with and he isn't forced to sit at a table for an uncertain amount of time. But Megan and I are worlds apart and Willow Grove is the meet in the middle location. Needless to say, she said the next time we get together should be a girls night out :). So, now I'm working three days in a row, but I have lots to look forward to. Todd has off on Monday (for Columbus Day-the Celebration of Genocide) and we're planning on taking Norrin to a pumpkin patch. He loves pumpkins and they don't even have to be real...they're big, round and orange, what's not to love? We're excited to see how he handles the excitement of an entire pumpkin patch. I will take lots of pics. And next weekend is Norrin's bday party! I can't believe my lil guy is going to be a year old. Where did the time go? So, there's lots of good things ahead that will get me through my weekend.

1 comment:

Amy Mae said...

I've had those dinners before! I actually had one last night, too, but it was the 6 year old who was the poster child for birth control. So I'd tell you it gets better, but...