Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wednesday Adventures

Yesterday we went to another Moms Group...this time at my doula's house. I like visiting with Amy...I like talking to her, she was the only other person present for my child's birth besides Todd and it makes me laugh to see her little terror (Henry) relating with my little terror. I don't know if she knows how important her friendship is to our family...we enjoy her bluntness, her hippy-dippy ways, her opinions on birth and life in general. Todd likes reading her blog as much as I do. So, thanks, Amy for being such a rocking chick. Anyway, Norrin had a great time playing with Keith until he had to go to kindergarten. Norrin always latches on to the older child. Then, he was left with Henry :). And I don't think they know what to make of each other. They're too young to know how to play with each other...its more about stealing toys and who has the better sippy cup. Throw in a little pre-nap exhaustion and you know there were tears :). Norrin snacked on whatever he could get his hands on...such a good eater...tried to sort through Amy's cabinets, emptied someone else's diaper bag and made numerous attempts to climb the stairs. Needless to say, he slept soundly the whole drive back. After Amy's, we went to Grandmom and Grandpop Milligan's. Its our Wednesday tradition. Norrin continued to eat like a little piggy when he got there. He nursed, had mac n cheese, pasta, peas, bread n butter, basically whatever Grandmom put in front of him :). He also tried cow's milk for the first time. He loved it, but there isn't much he doesn't love. I would have preferred that the milk was organic, but Grandmom really wanted him to try it and she didn't have organic. I always laugh at the contradictions of stories when I get back from a weekend of work. Rita tells me that Norrin had a meatball and he loved it. Todd tells me he tried some sausage on Monday and actually went over to the trashcan and threw it out. Conveniently, this was after Grandmom left :). I'm more inclined to believe Rita's version because my child is such a good eater, but you never know...sausage has a pretty strong flavor and Norrin might not have liked it. So, after seeing the grandparents, we went home and Todd gave Norrin a bath. That's my "me time". Todd loves reconnecting with Norrin after a long day at work and Norrin loves playing with Daddy...no one makes him laugh harder than Todd. It was a good end to a very busy day. Today we're meeting my friend, Megan for an early dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Will Norrin behave? We'll see :).

1 comment:

Amy Mae said...

Awww you're too sweet! I'm glad you had fun!