Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Baby Isn't A Baby Anymore

So, I was completely motivated to go through Norrin's toys, etc. to determine what he's grown out of, what I'm giving away and what I'm keeping for any future children we may have. I had already gone through the huge piles of clothing that were donated to us (half of which my enormous child never fit into), so it was time to dig through all the things I had buried in the toy box, the back of his closet, the far corners of his changing table. And I have to say, it was pretty emotional for me. I can't imagine my son ever being small enough for the little tummy time mat. Did he seriously fit comfortably in that itty bitty baby tub? I can't believe how big he's gotten and how much he's changed. All day yesterday when he wanted to be picked up, he grabbed my legs and would say "uppa". It was pretty darn cute and the latest word in his vocabulary. On top of my mad cleaning session, we read tons of books...Norrin kept bringing them to me and sitting in my lap, so what else was I going to do? Since I've read most of them a billion times, I'm pretty good at remembering the story, even when Norrin starts flipping ahead...makes me think we need to get him some more books. He amazes me with his ability to point to the various animals in each story. He can't tell me where his toes are, but he knows what a hippo is :). I also made homemade playdough for Norrin. He wasn't quite sure what to do with it, but he liked it when I pressed his hand into it. He thought it was pretty cool to see the lil outline in the dough. I also showed him how to cut out circles with a cup, but he wasn't as impressed with that. It was a pretty eventful day, which I love when I'm about to go back to work. I just want to take in as much of my son as possible...its the only thing that gets me through these next three days.

No comments: