Monday, January 26, 2009

My Gym Mondays

Today was the first official day of My Gym's nine week session. Now, Norrin and I have gone to two other classes, but they were freebies...this was the start of the classes I've paid for...and the only difference is there are more kids in the official "session classes". Norrin still had a blast, but I had to be more concerned with where he was running to (and who he was pushing out of the way to get there). The class is full of mommies and their girls, so that also makes for an interesting combo...out of the 10 kids in the class there's only three boys, including Norrin. I'm certainly not trying to generalize here, but the mommies in this class with their girl babies are very protective and when a brute like my son comes barreling across the room and throws himself into the ball pit without the slightest concern of who he might land on, it tends to put us on the outs :). So, I'm not expecting to make many friends in this class. Its okay...they can look at us like a couple of freaks...I find it freaky that they bring their babies to a room full of padded fun and all I hear is "be careful" and "don't touch that" and "be quiet". After running around like a crazy man, Norrin passed out in the car literally two minutes from home :). I carefully carried him inside and he is now sprawled out on our bed, fast asleep. Love that My Gym. This weekend is my off weekend (work three, have the fourth off). Tomorrow the cleaners come and Wednesday is our day to visit Grandmom and Grandpop Milligan. Saturday, we (Todd, Norrin and I) are hoping to get together with our dear friends, Dave and Mark. Although they have a really nice apartment and I'm not sure how gentle Norrin will be with some of their more fragile things. And Sunday is the Super Bowl. I can't say I'm too excited about the teams, but its a good day for vegging out on the couch and eating things I never eat the rest of the year...like Ruffles and Sour Cream and Onion Dip :). So, that's the plan for the week. We'll see what other things get added to the to do list.

No comments: