Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday...AKA My Sunday

I go back to work tomorrow (yuck). Yesterday's early nap resulted in a not-so-happy baby and an even unhappier Mama. I won't write too much because I have lots of photos of the happier moments and I prefer to focus on that. I know every mom has days where things are completely out of sync. I know that I can't be perfect all the time, but I would be lying if I didn't say it breaks my heart when we have a rough day. I really felt overwhelmed and exhausted and so lonely...which is horrible because I love being a mom and I love my lil boy...but I'm allowed to have those kind of days, right? And now that I'm looking back on it, I just wish I could have handled things better, been more creative and not yelled, "no" for what seemed like every five minutes. But that day is done and today was a much better day for both of us. There's been snuggling, meal sharing, outdoor play, art time and nap time (at its regular time). I'm approaching my day with renewed energy and patience and Norrin and I have been ebbing and flowing just like we do 99 percent of the time. Now, on to the pictures :).


Norrin in Mommy's hat...this is the hat that Todd bought for me back when we first started dating and I love it and its held up quite well for over ten years now.



A future knitter?


Trying to work the needles...


awww, let's just stab them into the ball of yarn.




Wrestling with Bob




Trying to put Bob's sweater back on.





Paint belongs on the paper, not on your face...




High five...yuck.




Giving Scout lovies...hmmm...I don't think he likes it.






No comments: